Gate fold brochure printing is a fairly uncommon fold style. They are also known as “open gate fold”, or simply, “single gate fold”. They are not to be confused with a double gate fold brochure (or “closed gate fold” ). The difference between these too styles is a single fold. For example, on an 11×17 brochure a single gate fold would make an 8.5×11 while a double gate fold would make a 4.25×11. This is because a single gate folds the ends to the center so that they meet in the middle. But to create a double gate fold a third fold in made in the center making a 4 panel brochure.
Every brochure order is scored and folded before being shipped. To help in your ordering process, we write our sizes unfolded and when folded.
Pro tip: It helps to fold a piece of paper (bonus points if it’s the same size as what you’ll be designing, but any size will work), and once folded, number the outside and inside panels 1-6. Then unfold the sheet and you’ll see which panels go where on the piece.
*Note; if you’re looking for bulk ordering 8.5×11, 11×17, or 8.5×14 sizes then checkout our bulk product page our single gate fold brochures.
3 Panel Gate Fold Brochure Printing Features
Single Gate Fold Brochure Papers
- 100lb Gloss Book is the paper of choice when it comes to premium flyers and brochures. Combined with the AQ Coating it is extremely glossy, and allows for rich vivid colors.
- 100lb Gloss Cardstock (or Gloss Cover) is a medium-weight cardstock that measures about 10pts. This is about as thick a paper as can be folded into a brochure, and will have trouble remaining closed in this fold style.
Closed Gate Fold Printing Specifications
- 1200 dpi gives your designs beautiful definition, and helps them live up to their potential.
- 270 line screen creates precise edges for your double parallel fold brochures.
- Advanced color technology increases contrast while picking up on the subtleties that your design might have.
- Flexible print configurations so that you can print black ink only, color on one side, color on both sides, or a mix; choose what works best for you!
Why we offer these Brochures
Offering single gate fold brochures is a natural fit. No matter the size of your order we bring decades of experience to bear on your project. A small order receives the same quality of materials and service as a larger order, and our flexible quantity breaks make getting the right amount for your job an easy proposition. We also have the means to quickly produce most quantities to meet tight deadlines. These combined qualities of adaptability, availability, and quality make us a natural partner for your single gate fold brochure printing project.